The COVID-19 pandemic has taken us all by surprise. Little did we know a virus would turn our 2020 inside out, isolate us at home, leave businesses to fend and fund for themselves and thrust us in the direction of the new normal. Nevertheless, with the digital transformations we have this far, push comes to shove, people and business are quickly learning how to survive.
The Malaysian government, non-governmental organizations, along with other “big boys” in the private sector, have stepped forward to support during these rocky times. With the economy recessing globally, it is highly important that the business community supports one another to survive. Many entrepreneurs and even the general public, are unaware of the aids, reliefs and succour available.
In support of combatting the current challenges of COVID-19, WORQ has put together a comprehensive, easily accessible, resource list, for the use of businesses, employers, employees and generally everyone. We envision this list to grow, as more and more businesses support one another and as we successfully discover them.
Below are some quintessential statistics, aids and reliefs for businesses and individuals, split by categories for easy access. Access the aid source to learn more by clicking on each individual header.
Official COVID19 status tracking site, with up-to-date information on cases, death rate and trends.
2. Department of Stats Malaysia
Real-time analytics of the COVID19 cases by states in Malaysia. A detailed breakdown of the affected areas and statistics reported in comprehensive charts and graphs can be found here.
3. Newslab, Malaysiakini
An extensive resource list with COVID19 related government websites, ministry FAQs, SOPs and contact details.
4. Tricia Yeoh
An active page, updated regularly during the ongoing Covid-19 crisis. Its intention is to compile a list of resources that will help the public access timely and accurate official information, amidst the news and messages.
2. Foundingbird, Government Economic Stimulus Packages
Looking for government reliefs that are suitable for your business? This site has a comprehensive list of economic stimulus packages (PRIHATIN) offered by the Government of Malaysia for the businesses in the country.
3. Angel Central, for Startups & Investors To show support during the COVID-19 pandemic, Angel Central has put together a list of resources, from their own and other ecosystem players, to help investors and startups.
4. E27, Ecosystem Support An extensive list of startups based in the APAC region that offers discounts for their services as a means of support during the COVID19 pandemic.
5. #Supportstartups The #SupportStartups Initiative is a ground-up initiative by the venture capital community to shine a spotlight on start-ups across Southeast Asia during these challenging times and to give consumers and businesses a little nudge to show their support to these companies! These collated offers are from startups for consumers and businesses alike so everyone can #SupportStartups while enjoying sweet deals on products and services!
Scale your creative production faster at a fraction of the cost, or free. Inmagine offers professional editing tools & graphic resources that remote teams can instantly adopt to create content faster, and in the most cost-effective way.
1. Tools Needed for Collaborations This thorough list reflects tools being used by remote workers in the Collaboration Superpowers network—with favourites highlighted. Either its logistics access management tools, time tracking tools, virtual assistants or team building tools and reading materials about remote working, agile project management, etc. It also has a list of communities and support system to help you with. Find what is useful for you and your team to work remotely.
2. Cashflow projection app
This is a simple cash flow projection app is free for use for businesses to analyse their cash flow requirements and adequacy for the next 12 months.
Supporting Local Businesses
1. Maybank An effort by Maybank to support many local hawkers, grocers, and merchants that are struggling to make ends meet.
2. Fashion Valet VBazaar is a platform with no listing fee, no commission and registration expiration date meant to connect food and beverage merchants/sellers to customers with hopes that merchants/sellers will continue to have the opportunity to offer their products despite the Movement Control Order (MCO).
3. Grab Relief campaign by GRAB for Small, Independent Restaurants & Hawkers; and Zero Commissions for Whatsapp, Facebook or Phone Orders.
Online Courses & Books
1. Kexxel It is no secret that businesses are suffering disruption due to the pandemic. With clients staying indoors–and presumably online, digital marketing could very well be every businesses’ best defence against this disruption. Join these free online courses that you can enrol to boost your marketing repertoire!
2. Springer As the COVID-19 crisis continues, Springer Publishing Company is committed to doing all we can to aid the nurses and health care providers who are on the frontlines of the fight against this pandemic and the instructors and educators who are leading and innovating online education during this time. Here’s an array of unlimited resources for free.
3. Open Access List of Free and Open Access Resources on COVID-19.
4. University Bookstore Malaysia As we fight Covid-19 pandemic, UBSM International Education’s partners, PPAS, PNS, PNM and friends from the global community have come together to support and help provide our very premium reading and educational resources for FREE to the people of Malaysia.
5. Alison Free online courses from the world’s leading experts covering topics such as IT, language, science, health, humanities, business, math, marketing, lifestyle.
6. Coursera X MDEC MDEC is partnering with Coursera as part of the #mydigitalworkforce initiative to provide unemployed workers unlimited access to 3,800 courses till 31 Dec 2020. This includes professional certificates that are designed to train people for high-demand jobs.
7. Harvard Yes, you see it right. Harvard University is offering some of its online courses for free. Courses covering humanities, business, social sciences, art & design, computer science, health & medicine, data science, etc.
1. Live In LiveIn Assist Rent-Relief Program is offering #PWYC (Pay What You Can) scheme for accommodation and rent-relief assistance. After receiving an overwhelming response for assistance, and with the good graces of many landlord partners, LiveIn is able to assist those who truly need this to survive in the next few months.
2. Speedhome Speedhome has put together a rental relief guideline to help those who are affected by the pandemic. This list covers information on moratorium, reliefs, etc.
1. MERCY MERCY Malaysia is an international non-profit organisation focusing on providing medical relief, sustainable health-related development and risk reduction activities for vulnerable communities, in both crisis and non-crisis situations.
2. CDC The outbreak of coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) may be stressful for people. Fear and anxiety about a disease can be overwhelming and cause strong emotions in adults and children. Coping with stress will make you, the people you care about, and your community stronger. CDC offers help for any type of mental healthcare needed.
We wish everyone well during this challenging time, hoping this resource list will be useful in any small way possible. As the saying goes, “when the going gets tough, the tough get going”, we’re all in this together and will emerge stronger.
Keep safe & Stay healthy!
For anyone that wants us to feature their resource for the public – please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Disclaimer: This listing is not to be taken as an endorsement from WORQ Coworking Space or the community. If there is a difference in the info/details, kindly refer to the updated info by the webinar organiser/ e-learning platform.