In today’s fast-paced work environment, prioritizing the well-being of employees has become more crucial than ever. Central to this well-being is understanding the importance of mental health at work. Not only does it impact individual performance and job satisfaction, but it also plays a significant role in team dynamics and the overall productivity of an organization.
Result of Decreased Mental Health
Mental health, often overlooked in the past, has come to the forefront of organizational considerations in recent years. A decline in the mental well-being of employees can have profound effects on a company’s overall functionality, and culture.
- Reduced Productivity
- Increased Absenteeism
- Higher Turnover Rate
- Decreased Morale And Employee Engagement
- Strained Team Dynamics
- Reputation And Brand Image
Over half the world’s population works, but 15% have a mental disorder. Without support, this can impact productivity and job retention, leading to a loss of twelve billion workdays annually to depression and anxiety. Severe conditions can also bar individuals from work, affecting communities. These disorders cost the economy US$ 1 trillion yearly, mainly from reduced output.
Advantage Of Improved Mental Health
Recognizing and investing in improved mental health can offer numerous advantages, both for individuals and organizations.
- Enhanced Productivity
- Reduced Absenteeism
- Better Decision Making
- Improved Interpersonal Relations
- Greater Employee Loyalty And Retention
- Positive Company Culture
How WORQ Contributes in Improving Mental Health
1. Workspace Design
We create the largest and most productive community in Malaysia through a fully-equipped coworking space. Enjoy a blend of flexibility, functionality, and creativity to achieve your goals. We provide these amenities so you won’t need to worry about:
- Office Space
- Nap room
- Games room
- Hybrid working
- Proximity to public transport
2. The Benefits
Through our workspace, you’ll gain various benefits just by renting a workspace of your own:
- You can choose to scale up or down your office depending on your preference/ hybrid work needs
- Network with other businesses to expand and grow
- Improved productivity as you have the flexibility to work and rest
- Fully managed workspace to help you reduce hassle and set-up cost
3. Community Initiatives at WORQ
Coworking spaces occasionally organize social events, wellness activities, and professional development programs which helps members to overcome obstacles and stay motivated.
Community Initiative we have hosted in the past:
- World Ocean’s Day: Canvas Day – We celebrate World Ocean’s Day by channeling our love for the ocean onto a blank canvas. This promotes community engagement, and provides lasting reminders of our responsibility to protect the ocean.
- World Friendship Day – On this day, we have lunch with our members and have arts and crafts such as making bracelets.
- Batik Painting – We celebrate Malaysia Batik Day by dyeing and waxing cloth to experience the Malaysia culture.
In October, WORQ initiates Mindful October:
In conjunction with World Mental Health Day, WORQ is organizing Mindful October to spread awareness about the importance of mental well-being. They encourage members to leave notes of kindness on the walls, sharing their challenges, motivations, or experiences to foster connection and support.
Understanding mental health at work is more crucial now than ever. Today’s workplaces, especially coworking spaces, deeply feel the ripple effects of mental well-being on aspects like productivity and team synergy. Simply put, it isn’t just good for the team—it’s good for business.
If you are looking to rent a space, click here.